Apartmenttherapy.com compiled six of the world’s most iconic and scenic virtual train journeys:
1: Take a journey through one of Switzerland’s most beautiful and unique railways, the Unesco heritage listed Berninabahn.
2. Enjoy iconic views of the New York City skyline on this virtual train journey on the Manhattan-bound leg of the train line nicknamed the “international express.”
3. This train ride takes you through one of Japan’s rural railway lines on the Nagaragawa Railway in Gifu Prefecture and winds through a snowy winter wonderland surrounded by high mountains.
4. In just 40 minutes you can travel along the windy, steep, and breathtaking route on the Flåm line between Myrdal and Flåm in Norway.
5. Get a ride throughout whole Montenegro, from the Adriatic Sea to the galleries and tunnels in the mountainous part of the country. Travel through high mountain ravines down a 3000 feet elevation change before stopping just short of the coast.
6. Go on a journey from Toronto to Vancouver by train, across the Shield, over the Prairies and through the Canadian Rockies.