WVBW Virginia Beach/ Norfolk 100.5 The Vibe, an Urban Adult Hits Radio station, is looking for a versatile on-air radio performer.
The right person for this position will create and deliver exceptional content on-air and online, demonstrating a passionate desire to love and connect with listeners and help them enjoy VA’s BIGGEST Playlist of ’80s, 90’s, and 2000’s Throwbacks.
If you’re ready to join a talented cluster of people in a popular and growing market, we encourage you to apply.
Send resumes to [email protected].
Please include a link to your air-check/media sample with your application (preferred)
What will I do in this position?
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Daily prepare and deliver exceptional show content for use on-air and digital platforms that entertain the Vibe Listener.
• Expand the reach of show content on WVBW digital platforms through creative collaboration with Program Director.
• Serve with 100.5 The Vibe team to represent the station through live appearances at station events and concerts when needed.
• Possibly help with PSA events that the station is involved in.
• Participate in any required staff meetings and other station functions.
• Assist with special projects and miscellaneous department duties as requested by the Program Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Three years of on-air experience, excellent personality and speaking skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to interact with staff, listeners, and donors in a professional, kind, and tactful manner.
• Ability to plan and execute an entertaining live program, incorporating production elements and promos.
• Ability to respond and react to time-sensitive situations skillfully and professionally.
• Ability to work independently without close supervision and as part of a team.
• Ability to take initiative and work in an organized fashion, completing projects accurately and within predetermined deadlines.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as it pertains to special events.
• Knowledge and understanding of programming clocks and schedules.
• Knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations as it pertains to broadcast stations.
• Knowledge and understanding of legal and technical aspects of broadcasting.
• Intermediate computer proficiency
• Ability to pass a background check upon hire and periodically throughout the course of employment.
Max Media is an EEO Employer.